This is very important for you as a first step to starting the profession as a blogger. If you want to make an effort, you must have a place, as well as blogging. In the initial step, of course you have to create a blog first. You can create a free or paid blog according to your needs. Both of these options actually requires effort and hard work. In this case, we would like to talk about the advantages and disadvantages of free blog
The advantages of a free blog
It is a free blog, which means it doesn’t cost anything. Apart from the absence of the costs, you incur other than the cost of the internet itself. A free blog still has some advantages such as:
- Various kinds of conveniences- Blogger provides the ease of creating a blog that only requires a google account (gmail). Then, it has good settings and the management to SEO is also fairly easy to understand.
- Blogs are active forever- Free blogs that you create will be active forever, in contrast to self-hosting blog or paid blog in which it will disappear if you do not pay an extension.
- Unlimited hosting capacity- You don’t need to worry about hosting capacity where you store the entire contents of your website / blog.
- Can be upgraded to a paid blog- For some reasons, if you want to use the Top Level Domain (TLD). Free blog providers such as Blogger and wordpress provide upgrade facilities to TLD for a fee, but it’s still fairly inexpensive.
- Can make money- Although it is free, the ability of free blogs is as great as paid blogs to “monetize” or make money from adsense or other advertising programs.
- Suitable for learning- You do not need to spend a lot of money to learn how to create a blog or website because you can choose a free blog for learning. Once you have learned everything, you have a chance to upgrade it to the paid service.
The Disadvantages of a Free Blog
Besides having many advantages, free blogs also have some disadvantages when compared to paid blogs. The main thing related to the drawback is “limitations”. You only get limited features because you are using free blog provider domain. Here are some disadvantages of a free blog:
- Bound to the rules of the blog provider- Since you do not create your own blog domain and use other people domain, then you must obey all their rules. The provider has a right to delete your blog if you break the rule.
- It does not look professional- Having a free blog does not look professional because you do not have your own domain name. People will not trust your blog because you use a free service.
- Not credible and less trustworthy. Never use free blogs as the center of your internet marketing, buyers will generally assume that free blogs are less trustworthy and not credible.
- Disadvantages of “branding”- Your blog’s image will eventually form in the minds of readers if the content you create has quality and value, but it is unfortunate if your blog is free.